Have you ever wished you were the one guiding your favorite character in a movie or on your favorite soap opera? You see them trust the wrong people and you try to warn them while you are watching but unfortunately you can’t help them. You seem them take a wrong turn and they meet a kidnapper or a bandit but you saw it all happen but you can’t do anything. While you are watching the movie, you have the knowledge of exactly how things are going to happen. You know every move and every role of each character. That is the way God is. He has the wisdom and knowledge of what is happening in our lives. Lucky for us, in this movie called life, God always guides us, he never lets us go astray but when we ignore His warnings we fall in danger, temptations and wrong doing. He sees all because He is above all.
Always be connected to Christ. Before you take a step further in the day ask him to guide you so you will not fall. Most of the time is when we don’t make a connection with the Lord. He can lead us from the edge, He can turn our situations but we fail to consider his perspective. We fail to make that call and very oftenly we fall with our head first on the ground.
1st corinthians 2:14 says: “The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.” The things of God can only be discerned in the spirit but the natural man does not understand this.Wisdom means having clear understanding and insight. It means knowing how to apply the truth in every situation. It’s discerning what is right and wrong. It’s having good judgment. It’s being able to sense when you are getting too close to the edge. It’s making the right choice or decision. And only God knows what that is. “When He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come” (John 16:13).
how to walk in wisdom
- Be in the word of God. proverbs 2:1-2 My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding—then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God.
- Pray for wisdom. James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.
- Acknowledge the Lord in everything. Proverbs 3:6in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight
- Walk in reverence of God. proverbs 9:10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom,
and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
- Listen to wise people. proverbs 22:17 Pay attention and turn your ear to the sayings of the wise; apply your heart to what I teach.
- value wisdom above all. proverbs 4:5-6 Get wisdom, get understanding; do not forget my words or turn away from them. Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you.
- walk in obedience. proverbs 2:7 He holds success in store for the upright, he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless,
- Be humble. proverbs 11:2 When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.
- Love your neighbor. proverbs 11:12 Whoever derides their neighbor has no sense, but the one who has understanding holds their tongue.
- Seek the wisdom of God and not of this world. 1st corinthians 1:20-21, 30 Where is the wise person? Where is the teacher of the law? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.
PRAY FOR WISDOM ALWAYS